McWaters, established in 1945, quickly became the best furniture dealer in the Midlands of South Carolina. Over the years our dedication to quality products and services and the growth of our company has paid off – in addition to our Customer Experience Center headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, we have additional locations in Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah and Augusta, Georgia. Over the years McWaters has kept up with trends and new innovations in the design of corporate, educational, healthcare and government environments in order to provide our customers with the best products and services to meet their needs. Our logo states “We make working easier” and our mission is to take the time to understand our clients’ needs, learn what's working and what isn't, and team with them to create spaces that ENLIVEN, ENRICH AND OPTIMIZE their environment.
Where we’ve been:
- 1945: Established as an office supply company by A. Hines McWaters in Columbia, SC
- 1947: Office furniture added to service lines and formed relationship with Steelcase
- 1955: After outgrowing three locations, McWaters moves into a 50,000 sq. ft. office space
- 1976: Interior design and space planning added to service lines
- 1979: McWaters establishes three distinct focus areas: Office Supplies, Office Furniture, Interior Design & Space Planning
- 1993: Bill Gresham purchases McWaters and continues to evolve the company into a successful full-service, consultative commercial solutions dealership
- 1996: Professional Commercial Relocation services added to service lines
- 1996: Became SBA-certified, GSA-contracted dealership
- 1998: Commercial Flooring Installation added to service lines and expanded into Savannah, GA with full service lines and showroom.
- 2007: Expanded into Augusta, GA with full service lines and showroom.
- 2011: Audio-visual and technology Integration added to services lines
- 2016: Expanded into Charleston, SC with full service lines
McWaters. We are forward thinking, innovative in our service offerings and committed to our mission to create spaces that ENLIVEN, ENRICH AND OPTIMIZE.